This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information.
I received this book for free from Publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
This post contains affiliate links you can use to purchase the book. If you buy the book using that link, I will receive a small commission from the sale.The Reckoning of Noah Shaw by Michelle Hodkin
Series: The Shaw Confessions #2
Published by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers on November 13, 2018
Buy on Amazon, Buy on The Book Depository, Buy on BOOKSAMILLION, Buy on Barnes & Noble
(Last Updated On: November 24, 2021)
Noah Shaw confesses all in this second novel of a chilling new companion series to Michelle Hodkin’s New York Times bestselling Mara Dyer trilogy!
Noah Shaw doesn’t think he needs his father’s inheritance.
Noah believes there’s something off about the suicides in his visions.
Noah is convinced that he still knows the real Mara Dyer.
He does not.
Everyone thought the nightmare had ended with Mara Dyer’s memoirs, but it was only the beginning. As old skeletons are laid bare, alliances will be tested, hearts will be broken, and no one will be left unscarred.
what i liked
- It’s another freaking book about Noah Shaw, aka my favorite male character ever, aka my book boyfriend. I honestly just can’t get enough of Noah’s point of view. He’s just such an interesting character and I love him to death. It’s still interesting viewing his and Mara’s relationship through his eyes instead of hers.
- It’s not your average second book in a trilogy that suffers from second book syndrome. There’s actually some meat to the story in here! Plus, we are back in England. A good amount of stuff happens in this book, and it didn’t leave me bored.
- This book is such a quick read. Yes, I get that it’s 500ish pages, but I couldn’t put it down.
- Goose! We get more of Goose.
what i disliked
- Now I have to wait again for book 3!! I’m guessing it will come out sometime next year in 2019. I’m definitely going to have to do a reread of the whole series before then.
I do think it’s worth noting as well that this book touches on suicide, depression, and alcohol and substance abuse.
Playlist for The Reckoning of Noah Shaw
1. Come Together by The Beatles
2. Flagpole Sitta by Harvey Danger
3. Born to Die by Lana Del Rey
4. Simple Song by The Shins
5. Waves by Dean Lewis
6. I Will Follow You Into The Dark by Death Cab for Cutie
7. Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol
8. Show Me What I’m Looking For by Carolina Liar