This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information.
This post contains affiliate links you can use to purchase the book. If you buy the book using that link, I will receive a small commission from the sale.Pillow Thoughts II: Healing the Heart by Courtney Peppernell
Published by Andrews McMeel Publishing on August 7, 2018
Buy on Amazon, Buy on The Book Depository, Buy on BOOKSAMILLION, Buy on Barnes & Noble
(Last Updated On: January 16, 2022)
Peppernell understands that healing is a process, and Pillow Thoughts II eloquently captures the time and experience that one goes through on their journey to peace through restoration.
A collection of inspirational and comforting poems for anyone who is mending from a broken heart.
Before I start this review, I just have to say that if you get the chance to pick up one of Courtney Peppernell’s poetry collections, you have to! Give it a shot! She’s become my favorite poet over a matter of her few books. To be honest, I fell for her words after the first Pillow Thoughts was written, and I’ve only loved her other poetry books more and more. Pillow Thoughts II by Courtney Peppernell did not let me down one bit.
what i liked
- Peppernell’s emotions. They are so clearly on the pages, and I can connect to her so quickly through almost all of her poems. I’ve never connected to someone’s words so easily.
- The way that the poems are separated. They are separated by what they have in common, which makes it a much more enjoyable read.
- It’s all written in free verse, which makes it so easy to read, at least in my opinion.
- It’s such a quick read. I read it in about two sittings, and I’ve picked it up a few times since I’ve read it just to flip through and read some other poems when I feel like it.
- Her poems are exactly what the title says they are: pillow thoughts. Everything is so free flowing and I just love that about Peppernell’s poems.
Honestly, there was nothing I disliked. I can’t wait to read more from Peppernell in the future, because she has pulled on my heartstrings in all of her poetry collections now. I love her work more than Rupi Kaur’s, and I recommend Pillow Thoughts II by Courtney Peppernell to everyone who’s interested in poetry or is just looking for something to read.