This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information.
I received this book for free from Publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
This post contains affiliate links you can use to purchase the book. If you buy the book using that link, I will receive a small commission from the sale.Follow Me Back by A.V. Geiger
Series: Follow Me Back #1
Published by Sourcebooks Fire on June 6, 2017
Buy on Amazon
(Last Updated On: January 16, 2022)
Tessa Hart’s world feels very small. Confined to her bedroom with agoraphobia, her one escape is the online fandom for pop sensation Eric Thorn. When he tweets to his fans, it’s like his speaking directly to her…
Eric Thorn is frightened by his obsessive fans. They take their devotion way too far. It doesn’t help that his PR team keeps posting to encourage their fantasies.
When a fellow pop star is murdered at the hands of a fan, Eric knows he has to do something to shatter his online image fast—like take down one of his top Twitter followers. But Eric’s plan to troll @TessaHeartsEric unexpectedly evolves into an online relationship deeper than either could have imagined. And when the two arrange to meet IRL, what should have made for the world’s best episode of Catfish takes a deadly turn…
Told through tweets, direct messages, and police transcripts.
-what i liked about Follow Me Back by A.V. Geiger-
- The way that this story was told. It consisted of direct messages on Twitter among transcripts and tweets, which made for a very unique and enjoyable way of storytelling.
- The dual perspective point of view. We get to read the story through both Tessa’s and Eric’s eyes, which allows us to get into the minds of both of them. I love multiple perspectives too-I’m just a sucker for ’em!
- Eric Thorn. I literally loved the guy, but boy did he get on my nerves sometimes. More on that later!
- The creepiness surrounding Tessa. Pieces of her past are slowly put together for the reader throughout the whole novel.
- The plot twist. I didn’t see it coming, but once it happened, it all made total sense!
-what i didn’t like-
- The way that Eric messed with Tessa online. He originally talked to her because of her obsession with him, but they do end up getting close.
Follow Me Back by A.V. Geiger is the perfect thriller for anyone who is involved in a fandom.