This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information.
I received this book for free from in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
This post contains affiliate links you can use to purchase the book. If you buy the book using that link, I will receive a small commission from the sale.Coming Up for Air by Miranda Kenneally
Series: Hundred Oaks
Published by Sourcebooks Fire on July 4, 2017
Buy on Amazon
(Last Updated On: January 16, 2022)
Swim. Eat. Shower. School. Snack. Swim. Swim. Swim. Dinner. Homework. Bed. Repeat.
All of Maggie’s focus and free time is spent swimming. She’s not only striving to earn scholarships—she’s training to qualify for the Olympics. It helps that her best friend, Levi, is also on the team and cheers her on. But Levi’s already earned an Olympic tryout, so Maggie feels even more pressure to succeed. And it’s not until Maggie’s away on a college visit that she realizes how much of the “typical” high school experience she’s missed by being in the pool.
Not one to shy away from a challenge, Maggie decides to squeeze the most out of her senior year. First up? Making out with a guy. And Levi could be the perfect candidate. After all, they already spend a lot of time together. But as Maggie slowly starts to uncover new feelings for Levi, how much is she willing to sacrifice in the water to win at love?
what i liked about Coming Up for Air by Miranda Kenneally
- There’s athletics in this book! I’m a dual sport athlete, so I really loved that aspect of this book.
- Maggie seemed really mature. It’s not often that a contemporary protagonist seems mature! I was quite impressed by that.
- It’s another hit by Miranda Kenneally! I’m a sucker for her books. They’re so great and such a breeze to get through.
- LEVI. He was really my favorite character.
- I loved how close-knit all of the friends in this group were. Levi, Maggie, Hunter, and Georgia. They even all went out to eat to always catch up. I loved it!
If you’re a huge contemporary fan, definitely check out Coming Up for Air by Miranda Kenneally.