This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information.
I received this book for free from Publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
This post contains affiliate links you can use to purchase the book. If you buy the book using that link, I will receive a small commission from the sale.Blind Item by Kevin Dickson
Published by Imprint on June 5, 2018
Buy on Amazon
(Last Updated On: June 10, 2022)
No one knows her name, but now everyone wants to.
As an assistant publicist in Hollywood, Nicola spends her days (and nights) sweeping up the scandals of singers, movie stars, and TV actors. Fresh from Ohio, she's rapidly discovering the real Hollywood is rotten under its glittering skin. Everyone is a hustler with a hard bottom line and a soap opera sob story.
When she breaks her own rules and starts dating a movie star, the Los Angeles scene starts to spill into her own life. As the paparazzi begin the hunt for sexy star Seamus O'Riordan's new mystery girl, Nicola's best friend Billy has her back while he prowls parties for the latest scoop to sell to the tabloids. Her roommate Kara keeps tabs on things too--in between befriending a former child star and transforming herself from stylist to reality TV sensation.
As the scandals pile up behind them, their pasts will be exposed... And every secret can be sold.
Written by two Hollywood insiders, Kevin Dickson and Jack Ketsoyan, Blind Item's jaw-dropping scandals are real, but the names are not. And they'll never tell.
what i liked about Blind Item
- The premise! I mean, who doesn’t want to read a book that’s all about juicy Hollywood? This book really gives you an inside look on what it’s like, and honestly, there seems to be a lot more to it than meets the eye.
- THE SETTING. It takes place in LA, obviously, so what’s not to love?
- This book read very quickly which makes it an awesome poolside read. It was light, fluffy, and of course touched upon some other topics.
- Blind Item read more like a New Adult book, so I’d be wary of that going in if you’re a younger reader!
- There were some undertones of The Devil Wears Prada which is one of my favorite movies.
what i disliked
- I wish it were longer!
If you’re interested in following publicists in Hollywood, then definitely give Blind Item a read. I wouldn’t go into expecting a whole lot, you definitely have to be in the mood for a read like this!
Try these next:
- The Anatomical Shape of A Heart by Jenn Bennett