I received this book for free from in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.She's the Worst
on September 3, 2019 Format: ARC Buy on Amazon Goodreads
Sisters April and Jenn haven’t been close in years. Jenn’s too busy with school, the family antique shop, and her boyfriend, and April would rather play soccer and hang out with the boy next door.
But when April notices her older sister is sad about staying home for college, she decides to do something about it. The girls set off to revive a pact they made as kids: spend an epic day exploring the greatest hits of their childhood and all that Los Angeles has to offer.
Then April learns that Jenn has been keeping a secret that could rip their family—and their feuding parents—apart. With only one day to set things right, the sisters must decide if their relationship is worth saving, or if the truth will tear them apart for good.
I’m so glad that I got to be a part of the blog tour for She’s the Worst! I decided I’d try out a bulleted review this time, so bear with me. 🙂
- I loved the relationship between April and Jenn. Honestly, I can say that I’ve never actually read a book about a sister bond, and since I only have brothers, I actually found this really refreshing!
- The premise behind She’s the Worst was very interesting, and I loved how April planned a day down memory lane for her sister. It seemed like the perfect way to mend what was broken.
- This book felt very much realistic to me. I feel like sister drama is very much real and yeah, sure, it could be solved with better communication, but the whole book felt very raw and real to me, which I very much appreciated.
- The book cover is deceiving… it makes it seem like it’s such a light and fluffy fun read. It’s actually a lot more than that!
- I loved the dual perspective. I’m really a sucker for alternating POVs.
- I loved that it was set in LA too!
- I did find some of the book to be kind of slow. It’s definitely worth sticking through because overall, I fairly enjoyed it.
Follow the She’s the Worst blog tour here!
a Rafflecopter giveaway