The Road Between
on August 29, 2017 Pages:
288 Format: Paperback Goodreads
The Road Between is poetry well-lived.
Poetry for the soul that walks a fine line between losing yourself in the world and finding yourself again, often in the smallest of moments. Courtney Peppernell, author of the internationally best-selling poetry series Pillow Thoughts delivers another collection of prose and poetry that asks the reader to look deep within themselves and heal the ache.
The Road Between is the journey you take from the shadows to the light. Settle in, lose yourself in the pages, and find the strength to come back home.
I was so excited to finally pick up The Road Between because I loved Pillow Thoughts by Courtney Peppernell. I didn’t even know that she had written another book until I saw this one on the shelves at my local bookstore.
-what i liked-
- Peppernell’s writing style. There’s just something about the way that she lets the words flow in her poems.
- The artwork. There are a lot of great pieces of art strewn throughout the poetry.
- It’s a short read. Because it’s poetry, the book can be read through extremely quickly.
- There are a lot of relatable pieces. I think that’s what I love most about Peppernell. She writes about a lot of things I can easily relate to, especially the second chapter of this book.
-what i disliked-
- I didn’t like The Road Between as much as Pillow Thoughts. I think I liked Pillow Thoughts more because it was more about relationships than anything else. However, I still loved this one and am looking forward to Pillow Thoughts 2 which comes out this August!