I received this book for free from in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Kissing Max Holden
on August 1, 2017 Pages:
304 Format: ARC Goodreads
Kissing Max Holden was a terrible idea...
After his father has a life-altering stroke, Max Holden isn't himself. As his long-time friend, Jillian Eldridge only wants to help him, but she doesn't know how. When Max climbs through her window one night, Jill knows that she shouldn't let him kiss her. But she can't resist, and when they're caught in the act by her dad, Jill swears it'll never happen again. Because kissing Max Holden is a terrible idea.
With a new baby sibling on the way, her parents fighting all the time, and her dream of culinary school up in the air, Jill starts spending more and more time with Max. And even though her father disapproves and Max still has a girlfriend, not kissing Max is easier said than done. Will Jill follow her heart and allow their friendship to blossom into something more, or will she listen to her head and stop kissing Max Holden once and for all?
what i liked
- The relationship between Max and Jillian. They’ve known each other for a very long time–I mean, that’s what happens when you grow up as someone’s next door neighbor. Jillian has always been there for Max and vice-versa, which has allowed them to grow close over the years. They had something that many people strive to have in this world, and I loved watching their relationship grow and change throughout the novel.
- The development in the relationship between Jillian and her step-mother. It definitely changed throughout the novel.
- How fast paced this novel was–I HATE it when novels are super slow, and luckily, this one flew right by time-wise. I wish all books were this fast-paced!!
- This novel read like the perfect summer read. It’s definitely one you’ll want to read by the poolside.
what i disliked
- I felt like at times I didn’t really know that much about Max. I mean sure, he was extremely intriguing and I loved his character, I just felt like I only knew the Max that he was now with random other tidbits thrown in that I got throughout the book.
- The slowness towards the end of the novel got me. The book was so fast paced for the longest time, though it did slow down a bit at the end which threw me off.
Kissing Max Holden is a fast-paced romance novel perfect for fans of Anna and the French Kiss.