I received this book for free from in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.First We Were IV
on July 25, 2017 Pages:
448 Format: ARC Goodreads
It started for pranks, fun, and forever memories.A secret society – for the four of us. The rules: Never lie. Never tell. Love each other.We made the pledge and danced under the blood moon on the meteorite in the orchard. In the spot we found the dead girl five years earlier. And discovered the ancient drawings way before that. Nothing could break the four of us apart – I thought.But then, others wanted in. Our seaside town had secrets. History.We wanted revenge.We broke the rules. We lied. We told. We loved each other too much, not enough, and in ways we weren’t supposed to. Our invention ratcheted out of control.What started as a secret society, ended as justice. Revenge. Death. Rebellion.
what i liked
- There were a shit ton of twists and turns in First We Were IV by Alexandra Sirowy. I honestly didn’t see any of them coming. A lot of times, I end up hating a book because I see the plot twists coming, but this book was different.
- The premise was extremely intriguing. It’s not often that a premise is as awesome as this one.
- The entire band of characters was great. Sometimes, books with a lot of characters can get pretty confusing, but each one was very distinct which allowed me to easily know who each character was.
- Sirowy’s writing style is breathtaking. This was my first read by her, and I know for sure I want to check out more by her in the future.
what i disliked about First We Were IV by Alexandra Sirowy
- The book felt very slow moving at times, especially in the beginning. It took me quite a while to actually get into the book, but I kept pushing through.