I received this book for free from Publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.What Goes Up by Katie Kennedy
Published by Bloomsbury USA Childrens on July 18, 2017
Genres: Science Fiction
Action-packed and wildly funny, this near-future sci-fi features three teens on an inter-dimensional mission to save the world.
Rosa and Eddie are among hundreds of teens applying to NASA’s mysterious Multi-World Agency. After rounds of crazy-competitive testing they are appointed to Team 3, along with an alternate, just in case Eddie screws up (as everyone expects he will). What they don’t expect is that aliens will arrive from another dimension, and look just like us. And no one could even imagine that Team 3 would be the only hope of saving our world from their Earth-destroying plans. The teens steal the spacecraft (it would be great if they knew how to fly it) and head to Earth2, where the aliens’ world and people are just like ours. With a few notable exceptions.
There, the teens will find more than their alternate selves: they'll face existential questions and high-stakes adventure, with comedy that's out of this world.
- After reading and loving Kennedy’s last novel, I knew for sure that this one was a book that I had to get my hands on.
- There is a whole lot of humor in Kennedy’s writing style, especially in this book with the scientists.
- This book starts out with a competition, and Rosa and Eddie are of course chosen. Then it turns into an awesome adventure right from there.
- Did I mention I loved Rosa and Eddie? Because I seriously did.
- Of course the book also involves NASA, which I’m always really interested in. So that was a huge perk.
- While saying all of that, I’m definitely going to read more books by Kennedy in the future. Her writing just sucks me in and makes me laugh the whole time, even if it involves a mission to save the world!