I received this book for free from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Internet Famous by Danika Stone
Published by Swoon Reads on June 6, 2017
High school senior and internet sensation Madison Nakama seems to have it all: a happy family, good grades, and a massive online following for her pop-culture blog. But when her mother suddenly abandons the family, Madi finds herself struggling to keep up with all of her commitments.
Fandom to the rescue! As her online fans band together to help, an online/offline flirtation sparks with Laurent, a French exchange student. Their internet romance—played out in the comments section of her MadLibs blog—attracts the attention of an internet troll who threatens the separation of Madi’s real and online personas. With her carefully constructed life unraveling, Madi must uncover the hacker’s identity before he can do any more damage, or risk losing the people she loves the most… Laurent included.
–what i liked about Internet Famous by Danika Stone-
- Madi is a blogger! Being a blogger myself, this automatically made her such a great character because I already had something in common with her. Of course, I don’t suffer from the problem of having fans trying to destroy my life! I just have a lot of awesome blogging friends. 🙂
- There were text messages and Twitter convos! I don’t know why, but it’s just a lot of fun for me when books incorporate social media into the storytelling. It allows for a break from the big, bulky paragraph reading and allows for a little bit of fun reading.
- Laurent! I thought it was so great that Madi thought he was a girl at first and then she was so surprised that she was actually a he. I loved him to death though! He was great.
- Madi actually acts like a teenager. Too many YA books don’t have protagonists that seem to be young adults, but Madi actually did, which I really appreciated.
-what i didn’t like-
- I guess I could say I wish the book was longer… I liked Madi too much and would’ve liked to read more about her!
- There was a bit of an insta-love situation. When I first began reading YA at around age 14, it didn’t bother me much, but now, at 19… I notice it. It wasn’t horrible, but Madi did seem to fall for Laurent super quickly.
If you’re looking for a summer read that’s not like your normal run-of-the-mill contemporary, then definitely give Internet Famous a read!
Follow the tour for Internet Famous by Danika Stone!
|Name||Post Type||Date||Blog URL|
|Christine||Mood board||22||Tine Reviews https://tinesreviews.wordpress.com/|
|Jordan||Interview||23||The Heart of a Book Cover theheartofabookblogger.com|
|Fatima||Guest Post||24||Fafa’s Book Corner: https://fafasbookcorner.wordpress.com/|
|Bianca||Interview||25||The Ultimate Fangirl https://notoriouslaylow.wordpress.com|
|Brooke||Review||26||The Cozy Little Book Nook http://thecozylittlebooknook.weebly.com/blog|
|Heather||Guest Post||29||The Hermit Librarian http://thehermitlibrarian.wordpress.com|
|Cilla||Review||30||Paved with Books pavedwithbookss.blogspot.com|
|Jamie||Review||31||Books and Ladders http://booksandladders.blogspot.com/|
|Nicole Lynn||Review||1||Boundless Bookaholic http://www.boundlessbookaholic.com/|
|Breanna||Guest Post||2||Recommends Book https://recommendsbook.wordpress.com/|
|Emily||Interview||5||Little Book Wyrm http://www.little-book-wyrm.com|
|Ardis||Review||7||Pondering the Prose http://ponderingtheprose.blogspot.com|
|Bayy||Guest Post||8||Bayy in Wonderland bayyinwonderland.wordpress.com|
|Annalisse||Review||9||Hopeful Reads hopefulreads.wordpress.com|
|Sara||Excerpt||12||A Gingerly Review https://agingerlyreview.wordpress.com/|
|Wren||Review||13||The Litaku http://thelitaku.blogspot.com/|
|Krystianna||Review||14||Downright dystopian http://downrightdystopian.blogspot.com/|
|Kathleen||Interview||15||Books, TV, & More… Oh My! kcmmp13.wordpress.com|
|Bonnie||Excerpt||16||A Backwards Story http://abackwardsstory.blogspot.com/|