Series: The Lunar Chronicles #3.5
Also in this series: Cinder, Scarlet, Cress, Winter
Published by Feiwel & Friends on January 27, 2015
Genres: Science Fiction, Fairy Tales
In this stunning bridge book between Cress and Winter in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles, Queen Levana’s story is finally told.
Mirror, mirror on the wall,Who is the fairest of them all?
Fans of the Lunar Chronicles know Queen Levana as a ruler who uses her “glamour” to gain power. But long before she crossed paths with Cinder, Scarlet, and Cress, Levana lived a very different story – a story that has never been told . . . until now.
Marissa Meyer spins yet another unforgettable tale about love and war, deceit and death. This extraordinary book includes full-color art and an excerpt from Winter, the next book in the Lunar Chronicles series.
-what i liked-
- I loved that this gave the reader an in-depth look into the live of Queen Levana in Fairest. I actually felt bad for her at times, which I never thought would happen. Then again, everyone loves a twisted and emotional villain.
- The book made me understand why she is the way that she is now.
- I liked learning about Cinder’s mother. Will Cinder ever actually learn about her mother though, because her mother was absolutely horrible??
- I liked that it was short because it was a novella. These books are literal beasts!
-what i didn’t like-
- Okay, so I have a love/hate relationship with the ending. I mean, it made perfect sense and paved the way for Winter to take place, though like I really wanted a bit more at times. I felt like there was such a huge build-up and then the story ended on such a high without really going anywhere, though I guess that was probably the point of it all. I just felt like something was missing when I finished.
- Why was Cinder’s mom so horrible in Fairest??????