on February 5, 2013 Pages:
454 Format: eBook Goodreads
Cinder, the cyborg mechanic, returns in the second thrilling installment of the bestselling Lunar Chronicles. She’s trying to break out of prison—even though if she succeeds, she’ll be the Commonwealth’s most wanted fugitive.
Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit’s grandmother is missing. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information as to her grandmother’s whereabouts, she is loath to trust this stranger, but is inexplicably drawn to him, and he to her. As Scarlet and Wolf unravel one mystery, they encounter another when they meet Cinder. Now, all of them must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen Levana, who will do anything for the handsome Prince Kai to become her husband, her king, her prisoner.
Even though I didn’t like Cinder as much the second time, I knew that I wanted to continue on with the series because the next book (Scarlet) covered Red Riding Hood. I’m seriously so glad that I did.
what i liked
- RED RIDING HOOD RETELLING. What more can I say?
- The novel takes place in France for when the point of view is that of Scarlet. How awesome! I’ve been taking French for the longest time so I found that pretty awesome. Like this series is literally going all over the world and I can’t wait to see where we go next in Cress.
- Wolf was so great. I really loved him, though I found him to be a very interesting take on the big bad wolf from the classic story. I also really liked his romance with Scarlet. They were cute together and he was a bad boy which made it a little more interesting.
- For some reason, I thought that Scarlet would just have the point of view of her. However, it didn’t. We were introduced to new characters and then we also got to read through the eyes of our good old friends, Kai and Cinder! LIKE HOW AWESOME IS THAT.
- Captain Thorne. He is legit my new love. I FREAKING LOVE HIM. He’s the captain of the Rampion and he’s American, though he’s just so hilarious at times.
what i didn’t like
- I honestly can’t think of something I didn’t like. THIS BOOK WAS FREAKING AMAZING. I just want to read Cress.
So, obviously this book was a five star read. The new addition of characters mixed with the awesomeness of the old characters led to an awesome book.