This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information.(Last Updated On: November 27, 2021)
Hey guys! I’ve been participating in this lovely survey ever since I created my little blog in 2012. It’s created by the wonderful Jame at Perpetual Page Turner. Be sure to click here and check out her website & the survey!
Now, let’s talk books!
Number of Books Read: 165 (may be one or two more since the year is not yet over)
Number of Re-Reads:
Genre You Read the Most From: Contemporary (I’m highly surprised by this because this used to be my least favorite genre!)
1. Best book you read in 2015?
Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff. I just finished this one and haven’t even gotten the time to write the review, though it’s for sure my favorite. It made me feel all the feels and reminded me once again why I love reading.
2. Book you were excited about and thought you would love more but didn’t?
The Scorpion Rules by Erin Bow. This one looked so good yet for some reason I couldn’t get into it. Some of it just made no sense to me. Maybe I’ll have to give it another try, I don’t know.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
We Were Liars by E. Lockhart. The plot twist at the end of this one almost made me break down into tears.
4. Book you “pushed” the most people to read (and they did)?
I actually didn’t push people to read any books this year. I feel like nobody really asks me for recommendations, to be honest, so I don’t actually push people to read books. However, I have told a few people to check out We Were Liars.
5. Best series you started in 2015? Best sequel of 2015? Best series ender of 2015?
Best series I started would have to be The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon. I read this one way back in the beginning of the year and it still stuck with me. I also read book two which I’m going to have to choose for best sequel.
However, I never actually finished a series this year, which is kind of sad! I did read all of the Backstage Pass books but they were companion novels, so this may be cheating, but I’ll choose the last book in that series.
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?
I’m going to have to choose David Levithan. I read Every Day by him and it was absolutely breathtaking.
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
The Great Gatsby. I don’t usually read classics but I had to read this one for school. I absolutely LOVED it. I guess that makes sense considering that prior to reading it the Leonardo Dicaprio movie was my favorite movie of all time… and of course, still is.
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Armada by Ernest Cline. I love anything by Ernest Cline, so I have nothing else to say besides YOU MUST READ THIS BOOK.
9. Book you read in 2015 that you are most likely to reread next year?
Illuminae by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff. I may need to pick up the audiobook because I’ve heard it’s superb. Plus, I may want a refresher before book two.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?
I loved the cover of Nexis. It was a classic futuristic dystopian cover that I absolutely adored.
11. Most memorable character of 2015?
I don’t know if he counts, but I’m going to go with AIDAN who is the artificial intelligence on the ship Alexander in Illuminae.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?
Okay, this may be bad since once again I’m going to go with Illuminae, but if you’ve read it, then you know how beautiful it is. Especially the parts written about AIDAN.
13. Most thought-provoking/life-changing book of 2015?
I’m going to go with None of the Above. It was such a unique book that worked with a topic that isn’t discussed enough. I loved it.
14. Book you can’t believe you waited until 2015 to finally read?
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas. I had heard so many great things yet I only picked it up this summer!
15. Favorite passage/quote from a book you read in 2015?
“Our life is made up of time; our days are measured in hours, our pay measured by those hours, our knowledge is measured by years. We grab a few quick minutes in our busy day to have a coffee break. We rush back to our desks, we watch the clock, we live by appointments. And yet our time eventually runs out and you wonder in your heart if those seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, years, and decades were being spent the best way they possibly could. In other words, if you could change anything, would you?” –Love, Rosie
16. Shortest and longest book you read in 2015?
My shortest book was Before the Fall: Arrival by Ally Carter which was a prequel story to All Fall Down. My longest title was Illuminae, of course.
17. Book that shocked you the most?
We Were Liars by E. Lockhart. That plot-twist made me so sad.
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Levi and Cath from Fangirl! I will ship them FOREVER.
19. Favorite non-romantic relationship of the year.
I honestly don’t have an answer for this one. Maybe Jimmy and Ezra from Illuminae.
20. Favorite book you read in 2015 from an author you’ve read previously.
Landline by Rainbow Rowell. I had heard such bad things about this book but I loved it!
21. Best book you read in 2015 that you read based solely on a recommendation from somebody else/peer pressure.
Throne of Glass. If it wasn’t because of the hype, I don’t know if this one would have ever crossed my radar because I don’t read fantasy often.
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?
Would it be bad if I said Ezra from Illuminae?
23. Best 2015 debut you read?
Don’t Ever Change by M. Beth Bloom. I loved this book!
24. Best worldbuilding/most vivid setting you read this year?
I’d have to choose the world from After the Red Rain. That world was absolutely horrific and terrifying.
25. Book that put a smile on your face/was the most fun to read?
Love, Rosie by Cecelia Ahearn. I read this one before I saw the movie and I loved it so much!
26. Book that made you cry or nearly cry in 2015?
I nearly cried in We Were Liars and Illuminae.
27. Hidden gem of the year?
Letters to Zell by Camille Griep! This was funny and about fairy tale princesses. I don’t know what wasn’t to love.
28. Book that crushed your soul?
We Were Liars, once again.
29. Most unique book you read in 2015?
Material Girls by Elaine Dimopoulos. This book was extremely one-of-a-kind and all about a dystopian fashion world.
30. Book that made you the most mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
Illuminae. 🙂 Sorry I’ve used this one for so many, but I just read it and it works for almost everything. But honestly, this one made me feel all the feels!
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015?
I’m going to have to say Paper Fury. Cait is such an awesome blogger!
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2015?
Just One Night by Gayle Forman
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
I’d have to say all of my Music Recs. Everyone seems to love them!
4. Best event that you participated in?
I’m going to have to go with each and every blog tour that I got to participate in this year. I had never done them before this year but now I absolutely love them!
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?
I’d have to say getting tweeted about by Shay Mitchell for her book Bliss.
6. Most challenging things about blogging or your reading life this year?
I really got into reading review books this year, though next year I definitely want to keep those to a minimum.
7. Most popular post this year on your blog?
My review of After the Red Rain!
8. Post you wished got a little more love?
I don’t really know for this one!
9. Best bookish discovery?
Etsy… I never really looked on there for bookish stuff and now I have. Let’s just say there’s no going back.
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself in the beginning of this year?
I had hoped to read 50 books yet somehow I went three times past that!
1. One book you didn’t get to in 2015 but will be your number 1 priority in 2016?
Grasshopper Jungle. I had been meaning to read this one since 2014 but still haven’t.
2. Book you are most anticipating for 2016?
Starflight by Melissa Landers
3. 2016 debut you are most anticipating?
Into the Dim by Janet B. Taylor
4. Series ending/a sequel you are most anticipating in 2016?
The sequel to Illuminae!
5. One thing you hope to accomplish or do in your reading/blogging life in 2016?
I hope to mainly only read books that are on my shelf. I want to get those down to below 50 unread, but that will be near impossible. Maybe even purge books on my shelf that I’m iffy about reading.
6. A 2016 release you’ve already read & recommend to everyone:
I haven’t read any 2016 releases yet, even though I have some to review!