So I decided to join in on the 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge hosted by Good Books and Good Wine!
I know I’m kind of joining in a bit late, but that’s okay… right? I thought it would be a good way for you guys to get to know me a bit. I also wanted to join because I did a challenge similar to this last year but it was twice as long! I really enjoyed it and I’m excited to do something similar.
- I don’t dog ear my pages. It just gives me chills when people do that! I really don’t like having my pages have marks on them, even if the book is used. I do have one exception though… I will occasionally do this with library books. I guess for some reason I’m okay with that because it doesn’t have to sit on my shelves.
- The book that mainly got me into reading was The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. Yes, it’s true. I also found out about the dystopian genre after reading The Hunger Games. It just got me obsessed with reading and I have had to be reading a book all the time since then!
- I prefer series over standalones. This may surprise you, but it’s true. I find myself complaining about series yet I love them. I don’t know what it is. Maybe because I feel like I spend more time with the characters and I come to really love them? I have no clue!
- I actually love love triangles. I know most people tend to dislike love triangles, but I really love them for some reason! They let me root for a character and I just love it. I do get a little frustrated when the main character doesn’t choose the one that I’m rooting for though, but then again, it wasn’t my decision!
- The Hunger Games is my favorite movie that originated as a book. I think it was fantastically done!
- I’m bad at writing reviews as soon as I read a book. I’m usually way behind with this. I’m actually behind with one review right now, though I’m going to try to get it up really soon!
- I love dystopian books. This one is probably really clear. I just love thinking about the world in the future and I always find myself thinking about it. I mean, most of the scenarios could probably not happen ever, but it’s still fun to think about and imagine.
- I love covers. I think this goes for everybody who reads books. I will pick up a certain book just because of the cover.
- I only recently started letting people borrow my books. I used to hate letting people borrow my books, but I recently decided just to let people borrow them. If I want to talk books with people, I do have to let them read the book first.
- I like books to at least have a little bit of romance. I don’t know why, but I always want to have a little bit… at least.
- I love series, but I am bad at buying the next books. By the time the next book comes out, I tend to have forgotten what happened. Sometimes I think it’s better to binge read when the entire series finally comes out. I recently did this with Patrick Ness’ Chaos Walking Trilogy and it was amazing. Everyone should pick up that series!
- I try to keep my books nice. I don’t like stains or marks or anything.
- I can never get my bookshelves quite right. I’m always reorganizing them because I can never decide how I want them. My favorite so far has been by color because it looks so nice in my room!
- I have over 100 unread books on my shelf. I did count them once, but I have forgotten the number… and I’m pretty sure it has gone up.
- If I don’t like a book, I finish it anyway. I feel like there’s always a chance that I may change my mind after continuing. Not sure if this is the best choice, because sometimes I then feel like not reading anything.
- Yes, I know this is only supposed to be 15, but I had to do a 16th. I mean, 16 is my lucky number. Anyway, I get the worst book hangovers. If any of you noticed, I was just about completely absent throughout April. If you want to know the main reason, it’s because of Looking for Alaska by John Green. I read it and then afterwards I couldn’t get into anything else. I think it’s because of the explosion of awesomeness, but it was just horrible. Everything I picked up I couldn’t get into.