Woah, I can’t believe it’s been 8 months of this blog already! Goodness, time flies! If you’d like to join in with my momentous month, just remember to link back to my blog! You can use the new button if you’d like as well. 🙂
My Momentous Month is a weekly meme which is hosted here at Downright Dystopian. It’s pretty much just a way to wrap up everything that has happened over the past month. I also pick favorites and I share what I’m going to read next month!
Books Read in February 2013
- Linger by Maggie Stiefvater
- Perfect You by Elizabeth Scott
- Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
- Forever by Maggie Stiefvater
- Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews
- Between the Lines by Samantha van Leer and Jodi Picoult
So I had a relatively slow month this time around. I guess that’s what happens when you exceed you goal for a month!
Reviews Posted in February 2013
- Gravity by Melissa West
- Moonglow by Michael Griffo
- Reached by Ally Condie
- Movie Review of Warm Bodies
- Across the Universe by Beth Revis
- Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
- A Million Suns by Beth Revis
- Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion
- Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
To Be Read for February 2013
Since I never follow by tbr, I guess this could just be books that I’d like to read at the moment. I usually end up just reading what I feel like reading.
- Finish Looking for Alaska by John Green
- The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
- City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
- City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
- City of Glass by Cassandra Clare
- City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare
- Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
- Tomorrow, When the War Began by John Marsden
- The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
As always, this is more of a guidline. I know I’m probably not going to follow through!
Favorite Book of the Month
My favorite book of the month would have to be Between the Lines by Samantha van Leer and Jodi Picoult. I thought that it was just so unique and creative! Plus, the illustrations were absolutely gorgeous. It’s definitely going to be a favorite of mine from now on.
Favorites in Each Genre
Dystopian I CAN’T BELIEVE I ACTUALLY DIDN’T READ A DYSTOPIAN THIS MONTH!Paranormal Romance Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
Contemporary Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews
Historical Fiction N/A
Fantasy Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult and Samantha van Leer
Science Fiction N/A
Favorite Cover of the Month
|Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews
Favorite Characters of the Month
Male Cole St. Clair from Linger & Forever by Maggie Stiefvater
Female Lena from Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
Favorite Setting/World of the Month
My favorite setting would probably have to be the book titled Between the Lines by Jessamyn Jacobs in Between the Lines by Samantha van Leer and Jodi Picoult. It was so interesting and intriguing! I especially loved learning about the characters while the book was closed, because then we got to see their true colors.