I finally got around to making a *brand new* button for this meme! It goes along with my blog design as well as all my other buttons. If you’d like to join in with my momentous month, just remember to link back to my blog! You can use the new button if you’d like as well. 🙂
My Momentous Month is a weekly meme which is hosted here at Downright Dystopian. It’s pretty much just a way to wrap up everything that has happened over the past month. I also pick favorites and I share what I’m going to read next month!
Books Read in January 2013
- What’s Left of Me by Kat Zhang
- Black City by Elizabeth Richards
- Lullaby by Amanda Hocking
- Delirium by Lauren Oliver
- Reached by Ally Condie
- Across the Universe by Beth Revis
- A Million Suns by Beth Revis
- Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion
- The Prey by Andrew Fukuda
- Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
- Everneath by Brodi Ashton
- The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
- The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
- Noah and Mara’s First Meeting from Noah’s POV by Michelle Hodkin
- Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
- Linger by Maggie Stiefvater (Almost finished with… so I’m counting it.)
I did really well this month. I actually beat my record of 13 books from way back when I started this blog in July 2012.
Reviews Posted in December 2012
To Be Read for January 2013
Since I never follow by tbr, I guess this could just be books that I’d like to read at the moment. I usually end up just reading what I feel like reading.
- Divergent by Veronica Roth (re-read)
- Insurgent by Veronica Roth
- Tempest by Julie Cross (re-read)
- Legend by Marie Lu (Re-read)
- Forever by Maggie Stiefvater
- The Unidentified by Rae Mariz (re-read)
- City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (re-read)
- Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
As always, this is more of a guidline. I know I’m probably not going to follow through!
Favorite Book of the Month
I’m going to have to go with Persistence of Vision by Liesel K. Hill. It was absolutely amazing. It was my kind of dystopian, most definitely.
Favorites in Each Genre
Dystopian Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
Paranormal Romance The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Historical Fiction N/A
Fantasy Lullaby by Amanda Hocking
Science Fiction A Million Suns by Beth Revis
Favorite Cover of the Month
I love this cover. I was pretty much tied between What’s Left of Me by Kat Zhang and this one, although this one had won in the end. It’s so beautiful and the colors are really pretty.
Favorite Characters of the Month
Male Noah Shaw from The Unbecmoing of Mara Dyer and The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Female Lena from Delirium and Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
Favorite Setting/World of the Month
This month, I’m going to have to go with Beth Revis’s ship… Godspeed. It’s just full of so much mystery and I’m completely intrigued.
What were your favorites of the month?